- The April Shredathon in aid of the Friends of Gila County Community College raised $575 for the organization.
- The April Poker Night was again successful, although I have no feedback if there was a “Big” winner, but that’s OK, it’s only for fun.
- The McLane Rd. trash pick up was successful. A moderate amount of trash, mostly small stuff, was collected.
- Reservations for the CPR/AED Class have been forwarded to Mogollon Health Alliance. There is still time for additions to be made. Contact Dusty for information.
- Wine Appreciation Event, sampling wines around the $10 mark, will be held on May 30th. at 4:00 p.m. In the Church Hall.
- The trip to the Musical Instrument Museum takes place on Tuesday, June 2nd, there are 2 places available, contact Dusty for information. The trip will depart the Church parking lot at 8:00 on Tuesday.
- The monthly SPAM Group Lunch meeting for June is on June 17th, location to be determined.
- On June 18th, a group will be attending the D’Backs/Angels baseball game, there are 2 tickets available at $40 each. Contact John Hurlburt if interested.
- The next Poker Night is scheduled for June 24th in the Church Hall at 7:00 pm. Contact Ken C. for reservations.
FUTURE EVENTS OF NOTE
- 4th. July Party in the Park: This year we will have Ramada #4. Tom Hiscox is leading this event and will be needing a few volunteers for the organizing & a lot more for the day of the event. There is a sign-up sheet in the Hall for those planning to attend, please sign up so that Tom can best organize the food needs.
- Ice Cream & Crazy Bingo: will occur on August 1st. This was great fun last year, so plan to attend again this year & don’t forget your “White Elephant” gift., check the sign-up sheet in the Hall. We shall be looking for donations of ½ gal. tubs of ice cream of your choice, also donations of toppings.
- Shredathon: The next shredding fundraiser is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 9th. The funds raised will be donated to a worthy cause in the greater Payson Community yet to be decided.